Septimus68's application

Applicant Details

In Game Nickname:  Septimus

Steam Profile Id: Septimus68

Discord Name: Macstu23#1384

Date of Birth:

Country & Nationality: Scotland, UK

Background

Current/Previous Squads: None. This is the first Arma 3 squad I've applied to join.

Reasons for applying to VCB: So far my only experience of the Arma games has been in singleplayer, and I realised some time ago that joinng a good mutiplayer team would be the best way of experiencing what the game can offer. I have therefore been looking to join a Team team of mature players (preferably in the UK timezone) who take a 'realistic but fun approach', and who aren't too off-putting with the demands they might make on new members. I've had enough experience of multiplayer guilds/squads/teams in other games to know that this can often be very hit or miss.
I first became aware of VOLCBAT via Youtube, and was impressed by the professionalism on display. A quick Google search led me to the VOLCBAT website, and after reading the main intro and Info Pack for new recruits, I was heartened to discover that VOLCBAT's team ethos of realism without the bollocks mirrors my own attitude toward online gaming.
The Wednesday/Sunday 8pm time allocations suit me perfectly, as I work relatively normal hours plus the occassional Saturday. What I hope to bring to the table for VOLCBAT, is my maturity, my keeness to learn throughout the recruitment process, be an active team player who above all listens and pays attention, but also knows when to have a laugh. It may also be worth mentioning another reason I was attracted to this group is that my Grandfather served in the Royal Marine Commandoes during WW2, though sadly I never got to know him, as he died in 1953.

Heard about VCB from: Youtube and Steam

Experience with the OFP/ArmA series: 126 hours in Arma 3 via Steam, though exclusively in single-player. Some Arma 2.

Real life military experience:  None

About the applicant:  Worked previously on film crews before making a career change to Conservation. Experienced Hillwalker and Wildlife Guide. Hobbies include photography and hillwalking. Other gaming experience includes Flight Sims (CFS3, Rise of Flight and Il-2), Sub sims (Silent Hunter series), Guild Wars 2, and more recently putting on my cowboy hat in Red Dead Online.

VCB Policies

The applicant agrees that they:

[ ] Is able to attend 50% or more mission nights in a month (i.e. at least 4)

[ ] Has read the VCB Information Pack

[ ] Owns a legitimate and working copy of ArmA3 & Apex

[ ] Is at least 18 years of age

[ ] Owns a working microphone and both speaks and understands English

[ ] Will never bring the VOLCBAT name into disrepute on any public forums while a member

[ ] Will never discuss or share any ArmA addons we are currently beta testing

Edited by Septimus68
Correcting upper case spelling on Steam ID

Your application has been accepted. Someone will be in touch via PM on here, but feel free to jump onto our Discord server in the meantime.

1 hour ago, Red said:

Your application has been accepted. Someone will be in touch via PM on here, but feel free to jump onto our Discord server in the meantime.

Many thanks Red. Looking forward to it.

Hi Mack/Septimus,

I will be your Senior Rifleman.

You should have received a private message with instructions for further steps within VCB.

Please read them carefully and let me know if you have any questions.
Also, feel free to join our Discord if you haven't already and write me for much faster responses.

Cheers