Mike Marauder

Recruitment Form Mike Marauder

Applicant Details

In Game Nickname:                      Mike Marauder

Steam Profile Id:                            Mike Maruader

Real Name:                                      Michael Davidson ( Not  real name  will give if there is a secure means)

Date of Birth:                                   21 Sep 1965

Connection speed:                        50 mb/sec ( notational)

Country & Nationality:                  Australia   (n)

Background

Current/Previous Squads:     Steel Beasts   (  No Arma 3 )

Reasons for applying to VCB: Interested in Platoon  /  Company level  tactics in a simulation environment.  Would like to make instructional videos on tactics and techniques and videos of historical recreations using Arma 3.  Also interested in scenario development.  Happy to pay my dues as a number 4 rifleman doing 3 AM sentry duty in the rain every night.    

Heard about VCB from:  Saw on Youtube

Experience with the OFP/ArmA series: some basic initial  training and single player scenarios as  well as basic scenario development.

Real life military experience:  (cadets/airsoft does not count) 

Australian Army 23 years

Infantry Platoon Commander

IO  Cdo Regt

Divisional  IO

Hi Mike

Thanks for the app.  The leadership team will review and get back to you.

Obvious immediate question ref timings given your locstat.  Are you going to be able to commit to early mornings twice a week?

I'm happy to say your application has been accepted.

A senior rifleman will be assigned to you shortly to help you through the rest of the process. In the meanwhile, you can read through and reply to the relevant threads in this forum.

Sorry for the delay.

Congratulation Mike

You may wonder why I would, as out of the blue, congrat you? Well there is a reason for this.

I myself play STEELBEAST Pro PE under name Kelvin Ice and been doing that since, I think 1999 or 2000. I know you from there and I write this as you wrote you playing it. Making it ok I mention this.

@Rasa

You have a great recruit in Mike. A most loyal community person which posts I have had the enjoyment reading in the Steelbeast Forum that I follow passively.

Hi Mike, and welcome to VCB. I'm Robert.

I have been appointed as your Senior Rifleman (SR) and will be your first point of contact during your probationary period within VCB.

I have sendt you a message on here and on Discord with the next few steps.

Craig,

thankyou for your kind comments.   I enjoy Steel Beasts, even if I’m a very average vehicle commander.   My heart has always been in Infantry and I misuse Steel Beasts to try and develop Infantry scenarios.   I look forward to campaigning with you again !!

Mike

Thankyou for your selection of me to join your unit.   I look forward to learning Arma skills and I contributing where I can.  My days of raiding and “yomping” are in the distant rear vision mirror but I was impressed by what I saw and look forward to joining you all. 

Mike

Hey Mike

Sorry Mike but there will be no campaigning for you and me. I did not made the cut. Sad. Well I wish you the best of times with VOLCBAT. I spent over 20 years in the infantry and as a Platoon commander as you. I also have had the time of judging the ARMA3's credibility as a land war simulator. With it I say "get into it". With the mod available the only lacking is the real life situation awareness. So as you rack up time in ARMA3 you will find it a good platform for developing and test combat tactics as you wrote you look for. It has a limit to what size of troops it can handle before the mentioned situation awareness deficiency make the experience negative. I make scenarios up to company size red, two platoons blue. Larger than that and the goal of the scenarios are hard to reach due to the speed at what the simulation let you handle battlefield executions (at least 3 times the normal speed - All in all there is never time for true realistic reaction, action and feedback). I have used better systems for that but not in civilian use.

You have my Steam account KelvinIce. If you like to discuss the creation of aspects of ARMA3 please give me a notice.

The very best and take care of near and dear in the times we all are at. We all need to think ahead and on eachother.

Best Regard

Craig Cole

Edited by Craig Cole
Spelling