Sign in to follow this  
Siddy

Application: Siddy

c1o2Q.pngApplicant DetailsIn Game Nickname: SiddySteam Profile Id: SiddyReal Name: JayDate of Birth: 02/12/1991Connection speed: 32mbs down/ 4mbs upCountry & Nationality: England, BritishBackgroundCurrent/Previous Squads: No current. Previously 3cdobde, TRGU, 4thIBReasons for applying to VCB: Starting to miss playing Arma 3 on a semi-serious level. Have been told by Mike that you guys are fairly chill but keep a good standard which is what im looking for given my past experiences.Heard about VCB from: Been heavily involved in the Arma community for while now. Know quite a few previous and current members here.Experience with the OFP/ArmA series: Only played Arma 3Real life military experience: Not military, no.About the applicant: I'm 28 years old, married with 1 kiddy.

I have an unhealthy addiction to Arma 3 which over the years have seen me in 3 very good units; 3cdobde which I know a few members here from was a good crack, when that disbanded some of us formed TRGU which then later merged into the original 4thIB. Some people may well judge what they know/think they know of me from this, im not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I considered applying under a different name to avoid any preconceptions people may have had, but alas I have not.

I have played games on PC as far back as I remember. Fond memories of BF2 and BF3 playing competitively with a team. Being world #1 in the Scout Helis on BF3 for about 3 months is my geeky claim to fame. I've pretty much played most 1st and 3rd person shooters up to present day where I am spending a fair bit of time on MW.

I have a keen interest in the military, military history and pretty much anything that flies. If it was not owing to a nasty ACL tear when I was 19, im fairly certain I would have joined the Army.

Outside of the land of the interweb, I've been a Police Officer for 7 and a bit years, 4 of which I have been and continue to be an ARVO.

On the topic of which, my shift pattern will often mean I'm unable to attend a few operations in a row which may mean some months I could miss the 50% required, however other months my shifts will line up nicely and I should be able to attend almost all operations.

Outside of work I have a keen interest in shooting. Previously I was quite into precision shooting, but with a 12ft/lbs air rifle there's only so much you can do. I've recently ventured into clay pigeon shooting which I really enjoy. When I get some more money together and more importantly talk the wife around, I will be getting a .223 or .308 to take to the ranges to get back into some precision stuff.

I could go on... but im starting to bore myself, let alone the poor sod that has to read this.VCB PoliciesThe applicant agrees that they: [Yes] Is able to attend 50% or more mission nights in a month (i.e. at least 4) [Yes] Has read the VCB Information Pack [Yes] Owns a legitimate and working copy of ArmA3 & Apex [Yes] Is at least 18 years of age [Yes] Owns a working microphone and both speaks and understands English [Yes] Will never bring the VOLCBAT name into disrepute on any public forums while a member [Yes] Will never discuss or share any ArmA addons we are currently beta testing [Yes] Will check the forum regularly and post their availability and absencesin the relevant thread