Sign in to follow this  

Need help

Hi guys,

I keep having problems with my mods. This evening I am getting the errors attached below. I have tried re-downloading ACE from the repository but it's still showing the same error. Also the weird thing is I haven't changed anything since I last played on Sunday. Everything was fine then. Do you think it's worth deleting all the mod folders and downloading them all again?

Cheers

You do not have a second "ace" installed somewhere, because you clicked on it in the Steam Workshop?

In a different folder?

Happened to me before.

Guest Wallerz™

Good shout! I remember now that I had trouble with the ladder.dll file a couple of weeks ago even though I couldn't find it in the @ace folder. I ended up finding it in another @ace folder within "!Workshop". I've removed the @ace folder from there now. :)

Is there any way I can test it before Sunday though? Do we have another server I can borrow for a few mins to test one evening?

If you're trying to get rid of your Workshop copy of ace, unsubscribe from it in the Workshop or else Steam will just keep redownloading it.

How are you launching your game? If you're using the vanilla launcher, you can just set a preset and take care to select the proper version of ace. I have 3+ copies of ace and other mods on my machine for various reasons and I do fine by taking care to make sure I'm launching the relevant one.

Guest Wallerz™

I'm using Arme3Sync. Actually now you mention it, Arma3 workshop did update yesterday when I opened steam. I didn't know it kept them up to date. I thought it just downloaded them and that was it. I'll unsubscribe tonight.

Yea, you can probably run our mods from steam launcher (not download obv), not sure anyone tried.

Are you on slack wallerz?

Guest Lstor

Yea, you can probably run our mods from steam launcher (not download obv), not sure anyone tried.

I do it that way. I load workshop mods (i.e. ALiVE and maps, mostly) in the vanilla way, and our custom mods (including ACE and a few others) via command line parameters. Not sure if I have to do it that way, but it's worked wonders so far for me.

Lstor, be careful with workshop mods, sometimes we do not update the repo ACE/CBA as quickly as the mod devs do, this may be due to incompatibility with our mods.

Also with ALiVE, we can on occasion get newer versions before release as we have a couple of the devs in VCB. (Gunny/Friznit)

Why fuck about? A3Sync is easier to use than a tap.

So use A3sync only and create a modset. Remember what is in that and mirror it if you want shitty SThud or a Clientside Soundmod etc.

Piece of fucking piss Jenkins.

Also never ever ever ever ever load that shitty steam launcher, just dissasocciate with it altogether. Fucked my repo last week so it is dead to me!

Guest Wallerz™

I think I've unsubscribed to them now. Is there anyone about who can throw up the server so I can test it please?

Also... Slack?

Wallerz who was your SR bud, coz they are obviously a massive bell end if you have not been informed about slack.

FML