Sign in to follow this  
CharlesZulu

Mouse Recommendations

Welcome your suggestions and thoughts.

I'm using an oldish 'Logitech Performance MX' which is very comfortable for normal PC use but has long suffered from hobbled semi-programmable macro buttons that don't function in Arma and a few other games (though admit it isn't a gaming mouse per se).

So I'm now considering a good gaming mouse. Not a cheap fall-apart job or an uber-stupid price, but something substantial, customisable, that can also be comfortably used for long periods of normal PC work. To set the scene the 'Logitech G502' has caught my eye (though I'm not bothered about fancy lights),

But I wondered what you thought?

Can attest a personal recommendation for the G502. Comfy, just enough extra buttons without being MUH GAMIN MOUSE L-E-DEEEEEZ, customizable weight, and an unlockable scroll wheel that can be spun up to jet turbine speeds when you spray an air duster on it. I can't really vouch for the macro abilities in depth, but there is a capability for it in the software, used it once for some shit clicking game. Also you can turn the lights off if you like.

This is really only compared to Razer equipment which I've fallen out of love with, quality doesn't seem to match the price when compared to Logitech gear.

If there's a specific macro function you need to work, PM me on here or Slack and I would be happy to give it a go for you before you pull the trigger to find out shit's broke in Arma or something.

I have had that for years, thats a rip off at that price, mines was half that.

They keep discontinuing this series... I bet it's because it doesn't look edgy enough.

Probably, but I recommend anyway. Its a very good mouse.

Sorry for the lateness but i'm using the Razor Death-adder (2013) and its and can highly recommend, very comfy in the hand and you can set the sensor up to 60000 million dpi.. and the cable is a rope material so doesn't get tangled up either

This was a tough one, some good advice and recommendations  but after other research I went with my gut with the G502, love logitech stuff and the grip is very similar to my MX.

Have to say G502 is verrrry nice, and think I've mapped the buttons correctly so hopefully won't frag everyone tonight by mistake.

Hopefully.