Nikeleye

ArmA3 Game Photography and Videos

Fucking epic footage... Wish I've been there. FIRE SUPPORT !!!

I pinged both vids to Arma 3 official twitter and they re-tweeted/liked both, good job guys!

Teasel proving me wrong that we could in fact hit shit from up there.

20160810212227_1.jpg

20160810210908_1.jpg

20160810210901_1.jpg

Yerp, As you know i useally stay around tree level ;)

However Anthony could not get FLIR vision to work and after some fucking about we decided the best view we could get was from high orbit

Reference where you were shot down, if you're using Arma 3 controls it's 'x' to go out of Auto-hover instead of using the scroll menu. Also in a situation like like, I would let the Co-pilot fire of the mayday message as the pilot needs to focus on landing. You unfortunately hovered there for too long half firing off that mayday message & half scrolling. I know these are fairly new things in VCB flying n' all, but worth practicing emergency landings & all the hotkeys so you can react in situations like these.

I know these are fairly new things in VCB flying n' all,

It really isn't.

Helis at low level are vulnerable to getting shot down. Shit happens.

Heli without thermals that should stay undetected, whilst not just providing ISTAR, but also stay within range for the Delta pair (600m) and being a somewhat stable shooting platform for same, all whilst not coming within range of any enemies or being slow enough not to get shot at? Gotcha, wish any of us 4 onboard would've been smart enough to think of that!

Comms shifted between me and Rozo during the mission, as workload and situational awareness dictated. E.g. when we got hit, Rozo made the call because he was flying and knew the extent of the damage (i.e. that we would definitely crash). And for the record, as controls weren't locked, I took control and attempted to crash land when I wasn't sure if Rozo had been killed; The helo was almost entirely unresponsive, there was shit all to do.

As I said on slack, when you get to be the guys in the chopper I hope you can show us all how it's done.  Keep your criticism constructive, positive and in the appopriate threads.  If it turns into a pissing match everytime we let you have toys we'll simply take all the nice things away again.

I know these are fairly new things in VCB flying n' all,

It really isn't.

Helis at low level are vulnerable to getting shot down. Shit happens.

I never said they weren't Red? I just know that we don't use the supports as much so players may not be used to them as much. All I am doing is giving a few helping points from my experience that help, such as the hotkey 'x' so you don't have to scroll for Autohover.

My 2 cents:

First off, cheers for that video Prostashio, it brought back some memories of flight training back in 16AA, which was the last time i touched a heli in arma almust 4 years ago ;). Knew alot of stuff in the video already however never knew about the "X" thing.

VP:

Yes, VP is the job of the Co-pilot as is teached in the Support training by Red, reason why it did not happen is that Anthony did not do this training and to help him out at times the VP shifted between me and him. It was frustrating enough for him with the FLIR mode not working on the helo cam.

Auto-Hover:

To be honest, auto hover should never be used - i certainly never use it apart from last night. the sole reason for this was to provide a stable firing platform for our snipers, we attempted to do it without auto-hover but it had little success.

Auto-Rotation:

Was not used because i was attempting to steer us to the open field to crash land, As we were in auto-hover mode we had 0 speed and thus 0 mobility, to create the mobility we need to fly us clear of the tree i took us in a deep dive followed by rapidly pulling up again to balance the bird, sadly the combination of low speed and low atlitude resulted in us not being able to clear the trees and ditch in the open. In hindsight the best thing was probably to use auto-rotate and pray that you dont hit any of the trees.

All in all, it was a learning expierance and the reason i posted the video is to give some of that knowledge to other pilots in VCB. I am glad we tryed to use snipers from a helo, it certainly was a fun experiment however i think its best to use machine guns next time so that the helo can stay mobile.

Auto-Hover:

To be honest, auto hover should never be used - i certainly never use it apart from last night. the sole reason for this was to provide a stable firing platform for our snipers, we attempted to do it without auto-hover but it had little success.

It could be handy to use to get stable, then turn it off for rapid movement. Plus not everyone is an amazeballs pilot, I suppose this is down to personal pref.

Guest Antny

Few from tonights training. Interesting how we both had the same idea at certain points.

B7D0527890F7E3C964E0F305F9BC6C623229C43B

E454D3902D92099E7B78340DEA3253E912F84BFF

604DB930788B87405396BF0EF6E940505793203D

3CB71EE0C47A8345E719D343C5748967C012B3AF

86A36CA7D7C90BEDB30EE035316A5B8227BFA0B0

Personal Fav.

28B95EAC9574999F21DE609956C7862EAD791DDD

B4ADD971DB042CAC20667F7B45FEBAEBCB7EDB0C

43EFAFCD58D7F332C8B4DF1C80EFE1ABEB0E8028

E8A6A465AE94332EE876668BE9C05DC2388D4279

Interesting how we both had the same idea at certain points.

Yours are way better though! Might even steal them and post them on Facebook

Guest Spring

not doing a very good job of it

I saw the grand total of 3 squirrels 2 magpies and 6 worms, back there. Saved all your asses.