Sign in to follow this  
Guest JE5TER

Movie Trailers

With regards to Lone Survivor; there are discrepancies between the book, and what the bits of released Red Wings AARs say (40 fighters as opposed to the 2-400 in the book.) The fact that Luttrell has tried to distance himself with it over the years, speaks volumes.

Also, IMO it's just a horrific piece of writing (yes, I know Luttrell didn't write it himself.) I struggled to get through it, just down to the way it was written. Which is a shame, because the actually dit is pretty decent (apart from the aforementioned embellishments.)

I'll still give it a watch, because it has operators operating, but I'm not expecting a lot from it.

Guest Spookygnu

yeah apparently there were a lot of things that were embelished by the other writer of the book, his second book "service" actually goes into more detail about the CSAR attempt once Mike Murphy (TL) made the call to HQ.

I thought it did read a little like a fictional tale, (once past the early life and Buds intro) The things that he described you'd wonder how anyone would survive that ordeal. Without dwelling on it too much or it taking over the thread, I'm deffo watching it. The story on paper was a bit inspiring and gave me an even higher level of respect for all serving and past and present.

Season 3 of Sherlock has been announced.

This makes me happy man! :)

yeah I had the misfortune of reading that book and was disappointed massively by the exaggeration, superheroesque worship, over the top hyperbole and general bullshit that clouded what was otherwise a good and interesting story.

the bit where three men caught in the open behind a log managed to kill 50-100 attackers at close range in a matter of minutes really pushed it over the edge. shame really, but as red says the film might be worth a watch, hopefully they are more faithful to the reality.

Guest smartmason

oooo Dawn makes me happy, I thought Rise was pretty good.

Guest Spookygnu

yeah although the trailer was quite short and didn't give away haaaalf the film I was quite excited by the look of it too.

To be honest with the exception of the Alterna-Kid Tim Burton remake (aka "Tim Burton made it OH MY GOD IT'S SO EPIC!!!!") I thoroughly enjoyed every Planet of the Apes movie, and even the TV series.

Just in case anyone missed this came out a week ago...

Guest JE5TER

It was cancelled over Christmas because of a death in Afghan, I will have to have a search to see when its on again!

Guest Sybeck

Video is showing as "Private" Nik.

Guest Sybeck

Oh dear, you fucked with Disney.  You'll be waking up with a mouse's head in your bed.