Sign in to follow this  
Guest niall

Movie Recommendations/Reviews/Trailers

Also go see the Lego Movie.

I'm being serious, was surprisingly good

Guest JE5TER

Saw Pacific Rim last night. Twas good fun.

Chef. I think it's about to finish at the cinema but I really enjoyed it. Easily one of the best films I've seen for a while but I have odd tastes, so take that as you will.

I cannot recommend Transformers 4. It's decent enough and gives you a few hours of explosions, so if you liked the others you may enjoy it. I found I got bored about halfway through though and they could easily chop out about forty minutes of explosions and no one would notice. The film is largely about explosions and yet I found myself thinking 'when is the plot going to kick in'.

Stanley Tucci is good though.

Basically; watch it if you liked the other Transformers films but it's not the best of the series by any means.

I'm disappointed that it wasn't a Nick Fury movie.

Also; don't we have a separate trailer thread? Or have I imagined something again?

Saw Pacific Rim last night. Twas good fun.

So pumped for the sequel. GDT has also said he's open to a Pacific Rim/Godzilla crossover movie. Hnnnggg.

Byzantion.

Story of two vampire sisters and how they came to be. Fit birds, very atmospheric and even a bit poëtic and a great buildup.

Byzantion.

Story of two vampire sisters and how they came to be. Fit birds, very atmospheric and even a bit poëtic and a great buildup.

Is that the one with Gemma Arterton that came out a year or so ago?

Guest JE5TER

I watched blue thunder friday night, havent seen that since 1986!!! Lol was still fucking good,  gazzels look pretty beefy with the A1 military upgrade kit!

Guest IgelQott

Divergent

Like hunger games but more chick flick.

Perfect if you want your wife horney but don't want to be bored for 2h.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Go. See. Now.

Excellent soundtrack, tight script and just.. fun.

Watching the Police Academy series right now.

No need for explanation!  8)

BBC iPlayer - Our World War - 1. The First Day

Recommend this. first WW1 series I have seen that isn't either trying to put across a particular point of view (glorifying it or overly emphasising how awfull it was) or isn't a very dull documentary style film with a tedious narration from A. Posh bloke. this is more of the band of brothers style hand held camera non-censored sort of thing. well worth watching imo.

Recommend this. first WW1 series I have seen that isn't either trying to put across a particular point of view (glorifying it or overly emphasising how awfull it was) or isn't a very dull documentary style film with a tedious narration from A. Posh bloke. this is more of the band of brothers style hand held camera non-censored sort of thing. well worth watching imo.

Funnily enough I was going to recommend this just now.

Fuck me it's intense.

Their needs to be a film non recommendations thread where I can talk about the shitty Craig Fairbrass joint I watched last night I just had it on while I was doing circuits yet I still somehow feel robbed.

Just seen Expendables 3. Aside from some gash cgi, epic.

Watched 'Edge of tomorrow' last night. expected it to be a throwaway action movie with random aliens and lots of splosions, and it was, but it was also just a really good film. well, well worth a watch. much better than battle LA and all the other man vs Aliens movies. (other than the actual Alien movie ofc.)

Guest Constance Threat

Just watched Edge of Tomorrow as well and wasn't disappointed, the groundhog day concept kept the film good throughout most of it but towards the end it turns into a bit of a action romp.

watched the Monuments men and really enjoyed it since its an area of WW2 you dont hear about much, nice n witty whilst handling the drama scenes well.

and the lego movie is awesome

watched the Monuments men and really enjoyed it since its an area of WW2 you dont hear about much, nice n witty whilst handling the drama scenes well.

Going to have to disagree there. thought it was rather boring. and i found it quite meanial. i didnt really care about their mission. i also think the movie itself lacked a kind of gravitas. and i mean comeon. another rag tag team of guys sets out to save the "world"