Jez

What I saw today...... (Photos of what you saw today). easy. Mobiles out lads..

Guest JE5TER

I know what im spending my pocket money on this weekend!

Could not resist popping in for a brochure as I was just round the corner!  ;D

s4luzc.jpg

Its surprising how much some cadets spent on uniforms an shit, its worse than airsofters because at least they can keep airsofting, you have to leave the cadets once you too old!

any cadet with sense would do as i did, get involved with stores. some stores are run impeccably, others are shit. i was lucky enough to take over a shit stores, meaning the stores admin was a mess. a set of barrack dress, OG webbing, spare smock, drill boots and a set of side pouches later, the stores was looking a lot tidier XD

id say the cadet adults are worse than the cadets, i bought quite alot as a cadet, but more outdoor gear etc than cadet specific uniform, so almost all of its seen use since. ive seen cadet adults with drop pouches, leg pistol holsters plate carriers etc. my old og webbing, para boots and drill cane saw me through most of cadets, and i only paid for the boots. the adult staff can be the embarrassing ones XD 

Guest smartmason

Any person with sense, just wouldn't join the cadets.

the cadets i was training were only ever allowed to bring kit that was issued to them, that way there was no risk of theft or singleing one cadet out because he/she didnt have 'x' piece of gear..

yea most settled fro standard issue, my company/ county just settled for practical gear, if you were capable of putting a webbing set together, and it wasn't a mess then crack on, as long as you weren't trying to dress all special forces etc, you were trusted to sort your own admin/ gear and given a little freedom.

and yuppy- spoken by some1 who never did it i assume XD obviously as there are alot of ex/ serving forces on here theres a less than complimentary view of cadets, but for the most part its pretty good, i managed to do some awesome stuff with the ACF, you get over-keen 12 year old mongs, but show me any organisation, forces included that doesn't have a few :p

Connor, do you understand the concept of "what I saw today?", or do we need to enroll you in a basic English course?

Impossibru.  It shall remain forever as a monument to your super specialness.

Teasel - Glad to see you're teaching your new minion the art of cam and concealment at an early age.

Guest smartmason

and yuppy- spoken by some1 who never did it i assume XD obviously as there are alot of ex/ serving forces on here theres a less than complimentary view of cadets, but for the most part its pretty good, i managed to do some awesome stuff with the ACF, you get over-keen 12 year old mongs, but show me any organisation, forces included that doesn't have a few :p

Sigh, what even, what are you? Cadets are glorified Boy Scouts that think they're special cause they get to wear what the big boy soldiers wear, don't think it any different.

Not all are Yups, cadets helped me a lot when I was younger, I had quite a bit of confidence issues and was very shy, to the point that certain interactions with people downright scared me. I was not into the God bothering/uber geekiness of the scouts and already had some mates in the ATC who convinced me. Fucking glad I did.

You do get knob ends ofc but you get them everywhere.

To be fair, cadets does allow you to do some awesome stuff on the cheap too. I think it was like a fiver for weekends when I used to do it, and annual camp was only like £50 for two weeks. Had a good laugh shooting guns and stuff and generally doing things I would never have gotten to do otherwise, you did get dick heads who thought they were SF and stuff, but everyone recognised them as nobs. Most people were there because it was cheap and a lot of fun, and they got to do stuff that they couldn't really do anywhere else.

Cadets let's you do things on the cheap, otherwise there would be no point. I did my RYA Powerboat level 2, local centres charge £250 but I only paid £5 for a certificate.

This isn't a discussion about cadets thread; pictures of interesting stuff you've seen lately.

Posts deleted. It's not fucking difficult to read. People who want to talk about Army Cadets, make a new thread.

This isn't a discussion about cadets thread; pictures of interesting stuff you've seen lately.

Cheer up Dr Chris! Here's what I saw today... He barked for the first time and refused to walk far so was carried like a prince :D

(Might be easier just to make a new thread for him!!)

yWdUm1i.jpg

Please forward the following message to him: "Who's a good boy? Who's adorable? You are! Yes you are!"

Please forward the following message to him: "Who's a good boy? Who's adorable? You are! Yes you are!"

Rgr