Jez

What I saw today...... (Photos of what you saw today). easy. Mobiles out lads..

The Scottish shooters have a massive home field advantage; I doubt the majority of other competitors have ever had to use max wind adjustment in horizontal rain.

Capture_zpse0c73cc3.png

Vulcan and what I think was a Hawk fly right over me today at work, like to think he saw me get out of my tractor to watch as he  made a small divert in his course as he was originally heading straight for wattisham then started to bank off course to do a short orbit around me before the hawk splitting off to head back where they came from while the vulcan carried on it's route

There is some stuff going on with the BBMF and the Vulcan at the moment, it keeps coming up in my FB.

From http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/displayinfo/

"Thurs 21 Aug

2Lancs/Hurri/Spit

RAF Marham Families Day

RAF Marham,

Norfolk

Thurs 21 Aug

2Lancs/Hurri/Spit

Clacton Air Show 2014

www.clactonairshow.com/

Clacton-on-sea,

Essex"

Yea, the clacton airshow page -

"This year's flight line up will be one not to be missed with a memorable display from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and Canadian Lancaster over the two days which is sure to be a thrilling, unforgettable and emotional and is tipped to be a “once in a lifetime event” with this particular formation to a fabulous display by the Vulcan (Thursday) as well as the world famous Red Arrows (Friday), and an appearance both days by the Typhoon plus many more! "

Well the vulcan will soon be out of the sky for good. Im glad I got to see it a few times.

Well the vulcan will soon be out of the sky for good. Im glad I got to see it a few times.

Im looking forward to it doing some more low passes over Bournemouth beach later this summer.

Guest Sybeck

First call of the day...

Not a good start to your first morning on traffic control then?

Blackhawk just flew over my office at about 50 feet. so low it shook my desk. no fucking idea why the muricans are invading cambridgeshire. we get a lot of chinnoks and merlins doing low passes over this village but this was a novelty. happened way too fast for a photo but there isnt a thread for what you saw today (mobiles in pockets).

Blackhawk just flew over my office at about 50 feet. so low it shook my desk. no fucking idea why the muricans are invading cambridgeshire. we get a lot of chinnoks and merlins doing low passes over this village but this was a novelty. happened way too fast for a photo but there isnt a thread for what you saw today (mobiles in pockets).

There are several US Air Force bases in Cambridgeshire. I used to live in a village there where a few of the guys from Mildenhall were living.

Could be from Lakenheath, I know they have the Pave Hawks stationed there as they lost one at Cley this year from a bird strike. Still amazes me that they'd fly over a wild fowl reserve, especially at low level.

It's fine, I'll just rename the thread the "Cool Story, Bro" thread.

Cheers Red, always got my back.

there is a thread i could post it in that doesnt have much else going on.......

Guest Sybeck

Yup, a butterfly that size must make quite a racket.