Dr_Chris

What music are you listening to?

Guest Numptie

Is

Any better?

How about

and

Guest niall

Anyone who don't know it check out http://8tracks.com/ good site for music, often stick it on it the background for the mixes on there.

Been listening to alot of Johnny Cash and Rat Pack (Sinatra, Davis Jnr and Martin) songs recently, plus some belters such as...

by the king.

Guest Brixmis

Still the best YT hit toon

Guest DaveP

Not usually in to this sorta stuff but this one's a keeper

Guest Brixmis

Did you know that the 'hit' song "Rock Me Amadeus" by Falco (now deceased) was originally called "Everybody's Geil" and performed by 4 British squaddies?

It originally got banned on a lot of stations in Germany (Geil means randy or horny). I had a helluva job persuading my mates back then - but I had it on cassette so it was easy to prove - though I could understand their doubts :)

FALCO - ROCK ME AMADEUS

Did you know that the 'hit' song "Rock Me Amadeus" by Falco (now deceased) was originally called "Everybody's Geil" and performed by 4 British squaddies?

It originally got banned on a lot of stations in Germany (Geil means randy or horny). I had a helluva job persuading my mates back then - but I had it on cassette so it was easy to prove - though I could understand their doubts :)

FALCO - ROCK ME AMADEUS

Thing is, didn't Rock me Amadeus come out in 1985? Which means it preceded geil which was probably a piss take of Falco.

Guest Brixmis

Not quite, mate - the original 'Geil' came out in the early '80s (that vid isn't the original band - it's what the Austrian band did with it).

The squaddies either sold the rights or it got nicked - can't remember the details, but I think they sold it. They were quite happy with how things went. I remember sitting in my det in the Teutoburger Wald listening to the song and an interview with the songwriter on BFBS radio :)

Guest Castner

My music for re-installing six-updater and @VCB for that matter *facepalm*

Guest Numptie

Currently got Celldweller playing.

I really like music a great way to hear new stuff is to ask what other people are listening to.  I'm not talking about your all time fav songs just what's getting you tapping your feet or nodding your head at the moment.  So I'll kick off here's my selection

My Eyes - Nero

You Got The Dirtee Love - Dizzee Rascal

Bullets - Archive