Author Topic: Feedback thread  (Read 146 times)

Offline Cunners

Feedback thread
« on: July 31, 2019, 10:48:13 PM »
Any ideas or feedback plox.

Offline Elite

• Rifleman - Class 3
  • 3 Section
Re: Feedback thread
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 06:54:26 AM »
Cool mission! Some feedback:

+ ambient civilians
+ clever IEDs
+ something different for a change; logistics
-> Great to gather experience here, so we can use it in other missions as well. I personally liked it.
+ funny poster advertising; Adz pls

- logistics are not exactly keeping the individual soldiers busy all the time:
-> side taskings?
-> on the other hand: just part of the deal. but if you play it realistic; most of the mission you see the rear of the vehicle you're in.
-> I've got not much to complain; was cool!  ;)

9/10
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Offline CharlesZulu

• 1 Section
  • The reluctant jimpy
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 09:17:56 AM »
I don't care a fart that this op was atypcial, rather quiet, and had very little actual shooting (and what we Dan did shoot was wrong etc.)

The concept was distinctly cool and the map and mission had plenty of very neat ambient touches (nice one Cunners - some great detailing that fed my 'mursion) I really enjoyed the whole although the bants were particularly strong in this one ... how long does it take a Royal Marine to kill a goat IRL? Bing-Bong! Woah etc. so for Sections where fun is not allowed they may struggle.

As always we definitely had to operate as a platoon and the constant threat of potential ambush and IED kept us focussed, and as we'll no doubt switch roles around for future ops that should satisfy those craving for change. I'm all up for trying things out and I learned quite a few new things too.

Always good to mix it up - though perhaps we'll need to be careful to explain to new recruits this isn't our normal fare.

Will truck again.

"Youth could win, but had not learned to keep: and was pitiably weak against age." - T.E. Lawrence

Offline IMax Sorbet

• Big Shop Actual - Section Commander
  • 2 Section
  • Evrywun an' their mums is drinkin' PMax round 'ere
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 10:28:03 PM »
If needed, 32 in compound 68

Offline CharlesZulu

• 1 Section
  • The reluctant jimpy
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 08:44:08 AM »
If needed, 32 in compound 68
What's this?

With the net killed by ecm, all his runners laying out in the open in pools of their own blood, and having eaten all the carrier pigeons - Parsons thinks outside the box to get through to HQ.

"Youth could win, but had not learned to keep: and was pitiably weak against age." - T.E. Lawrence

Offline IMax Sorbet

• Big Shop Actual - Section Commander
  • 2 Section
  • Evrywun an' their mums is drinkin' PMax round 'ere
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 09:39:21 AM »
CZ, pls

Offline Outlaw

• Hootboii
  • 3 Section
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 03:04:20 PM »
Ref. The earlier missions:
I must admit that those were a lovely breather between the hectic missions we have been doing for months. Exactly what I, and most likely others, needed. Thanks
Per aspera ad astra

Offline Elite

• Rifleman - Class 3
  • 3 Section
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 04:48:09 AM »
Mint OP.
Was great balance yesterday from my perspective.
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War