Author Topic: [ST10] Operation Merkur [TvT 60+]  (Read 1988 times)

[ST10] Operation Merkur [TvT 60+]
« on: August 21, 2017, 04:31:27 PM »
Dear Members of the VOLCBAT,

for our Event we are searching for an tough British Opponent. Thats why we kindly invite you to our WW2 TvT 60+ Event. It would be awesome to play with a Community from the UK, in this Scenario it would fit perfectly.

If you Guys are interested or have any Questions please feel free to contact me.

Thank you an Best Reagards

Lieutenant Commander Capio

Operation Merkur
When: 02.09.2017, 2000 Uhr (19:00pm GMT)
Where: ST10, Server #2, http://sealteam10.net/JustSync/st10_ww2.conf
JustSync : http://sealteam10.net/JustSync/JustSyncArmA.exe

Situation:  20. Mai 1941
The Island of Crete is a strategic important Point to save our Support-Routes in the Mediterranean.

Enemy: After the Invasion of Greece by the German Troops, we expect an following attack on Crete. How many and what kind of Enemy get shown to us is unkown at the moment. (Intelligence Informations will follow)

Own Situation: We are part of the British Troops that are ordered to defend The Island. We equipped with Lee Enfield Rifles, Sten SMGs and Bren / Vickers MGs.
Information: The Commanding Officer is able to adjust the distribution of Troops, Vehicles and reinforced Positions.

Mission: Hold&Secure two important Position against the attacking Forces.

Slots (Distribution and Roles can be changed by the Commanding Officer!) :

#01 - Commanding Officer (Sten)
#02 - Radiochatter
#03 - Machinegunner (Vickers)
#04 - Asst. Machinegunner (Vickers)
#05 - Squadleader (Sten)
#06 - Rifleman
#07 - Rifleman
#08 - Rifleman
#09 - Sniper
#10 - Medic

#11 - Squadleader (Sten)
#12 - Radiochatter
#13 - Machinegunner (Vickers)
#14 -  Asst. Machinegunner (Vickers)
#15 - Rifleman
#16 - Teamleader
#17 - Rifleman
#18 - Rifleman
#19 - Machinegunner (Bren)
#20 - Medic

#21 - Squadleader (Sten)
#22 - Radiochatter
#23 - Machinegunner (Vickers)
#24 -  Asst. Machinegunner (Vickers)
#25 - Rifleman
#26 - Teamleader
#27 -  Rifleman
#28 - Rifleman
#29 - Machinegunner (Bren)
#30 - Medic

Settings:
Technical Respawn: Yes
Technical Teleport: Yes
Join in Progress: Yes
One Life Mission
Instant Death: No
PrefTime: 240 Seconds

Offline Friznit

• Platoon Commander
  • 3Pl HQ
Re: [ST10] Operation Merkur [TvT 60+]
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 06:13:45 PM »
Thanks for the invite.  We'll discuss and get back to you with a confirmation of numbers.  We're technically a coop unit but I suspect there are plenty here who would enjoy some TvT.

Offline Dr_Chris

• Support Group NCO
  • 3Pl HQ
  • Eat knuckle, Fritz!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 12:31:40 PM »
Hi Capio,

It seems from the German version of your invite that the setup would be 54 Vs 30 weighted to you guys, with a fairly disproportionate level of kit and equipment.

Please can you confirm exactly what the weighting would be? I'm not sure too many people would be interested in a one sided game.

Thanks.
A problem shared is a problem halved. Unless it's AIDS.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 06:18:17 PM »
Hi Dr_Chris,

It is hard to tell what the exactly strength will be, i guess something about 40 vs 30. Please dont misunderstand, we try to get a realistic Event. As in the real Operation Merkur, the Paratroopers will jump only with Pistols and have to struggle their way to the Supplycrates to get them Firearms and other Equipment. Aswell it is very hard for the Gliders to find a proper Landingside and dont land in front of a Vickers MG nest. So the Germans need a little bigger amout of personal strength to have a chance of victory while attacking good prepared highground Positions.

I am very excited about the Event because nobody knows how this will end. Quite everything could happen, this is what it makes so interesting. 

I hope you can appreciate my statement.

Thank you

Offline Anthony

• Fondles Civilians
  • 1 Section
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 06:37:32 PM »
How many positions is the British side supposed to hold? Says 2 here, but the German briefing seems to imply 3?

Custom signature courtesy of Ben Irelandicus

"Tonight at 11: Teens are having sex younger and younger. Wanna watch?"

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 08:01:08 PM »
Yes, i reduced it to two, thinking it would be more fair. And you are getting the Thompson 1928A1 with both, Drum and regular Magazines instead of the Sten because the Sten just got produced mid '41.

Offline Dr_Chris

• Support Group NCO
  • 3Pl HQ
  • Eat knuckle, Fritz!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 08:09:21 PM »
Thanks for clarifying.

Offline Dr_Chris

• Support Group NCO
  • 3Pl HQ
  • Eat knuckle, Fritz!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 10:55:18 AM »
Hi Capio,

Thanks very much for the offer. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to provide popular enough with our members - we are a co-op unit so we tend to sway towards cooperative campaigns in these circumstances.

Best of luck in finding some people to play against. If you're looking for other British units specifically, there are a few about - 16AA and 3CB to name a couple.

Thanks.

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 06:45:00 AM »
Hi Dr_Chris,
thanks for your honest Message. It seems like we have to play Coop aswell because i am allready in contact with the Units you recommend, but they arent interested or dont manage to mobilise enough People.

At least it was a Try. Have a nice Week. Cheers.