Author Topic: Issues with ArmA3 / nVidia drivers  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Karon

• Formerly known as χaroν
  • Ex Members
Issues with ArmA3 / nVidia drivers
« on: May 08, 2017, 06:09:37 AM »
Last week I have updated the nVidia drivers and immediately saw that there's something wrong: sometimes the process starts but stays in background and uses 13% CPU and 7MB of ram. Last week it happened a few times, that's why I was late (Steam cache was fine though). Today I realised that shadowplay's daemon yesterday silently crashed and I haven't recorded a damn thing (my ASM action was worth a replay lol).
Anyone else has the same problem? Current driver is v381.89.

Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam
Now what else is the whole life of mortals, but a sort of comedy in which the various actors, disguised by various costumes and masks, walk on and play each ones part until the manager walks them off the stage?
PastaDiscord Group: DCS / Il2 / Dota2 / Shittunder
VCB Discord Open Group

Offline Karon

• Formerly known as χaroν
  • Ex Members
Re: Issues with ArmA3 / nVidia drivers
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 01:05:34 PM »
Quick update: everything is fine if I disable the NVIDIA LocalSystem Container process. But, by doing so, I can't record. I'll do some more tests, worst case scenario I'll rollback to an older driver.

Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam
Now what else is the whole life of mortals, but a sort of comedy in which the various actors, disguised by various costumes and masks, walk on and play each ones part until the manager walks them off the stage?
PastaDiscord Group: DCS / Il2 / Dota2 / Shittunder
VCB Discord Open Group

Offline Laird

• ACoy Reservist
  • not stealing skins
Re: Issues with ArmA3 / nVidia drivers
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 05:34:21 PM »
Happens to me and i run AMD (R9 Fury X) only happens when i run two clients at once for mission editing, appears to be caused by running out of VRAM.